Myrtle Beach Car Accident Lawyers
A car accident that causes serious injuries can leave you with a mountain of medical bills, lost income, and other crippling expenses. If your injuries will require a lengthy recovery or suggest a potential disability, you may have real cause for concern for your future.
Matters can quickly be made worse if the person who caused your car accident and his or her insurance company try to avoid compensating you for your damages.
The Myrtle Beach car accident attorneys at Mickle & Bass have helped countless residents across South Carolina to secure fair compensation for their injuries. You can count on our team to:
- Investigate your crash to identify every potentially liable party
- Collect all evidence, including police reports and witness statements
- Document your injuries and other expenses to determine what fair compensation should be
- Consult with medical and economic experts
- Aggressively negotiate with the insurance company for fair compensation for you
Insurance companies will try to take advantage of innocent car accident victims, particularly those who have been badly injured. It is crucial that you have a skilled attorney on your side to fight for your rights.
Don’t risk your financial future. Contact Mickle & Bass today to discuss your case. We offer free initial consultations and do not charge for any additional legal work until we obtain compensation for you.
How We Investigate Your Car Accident Claim
After your physical well-being, the most important issue in a car accident claim is identifying who should be held liable. Usually, one driver in a car accident is primarily responsible for what has happened.
In some cases, there are additional people or entities, “third parties,” who also bear legal responsibility. For example:
- In drunk driving accidents, we investigate the intoxicated driver’s activities prior to the crash. If we can show that a bar and/or bartender served a driver who was already clearly intoxicated, that business may be liable for injuries the customer caused due to his or her impairment.
- In cases in which the driver at-fault was on the job when he or she caused a wreck, the person’s employer may be held liable.
- In some instances, a defective auto part, such as a failed brake system, may be to blame for the crash. If that is the case, we may be able to pursue compensation from the manufacturer of the part, or other companies in the chain of distribution.
We would also investigate your injuries to develop a full accounting of medical costs up to the present and into the future. In cases of disability, we consult experts who can project future costs of medical care and personal assistance, as well as lost income. We also calculate other economic (monetary) costs and non-economic (“pain and suffering”) losses, the latter by consulting you, your family, friends, etc.
In addition to identifying the responsible parties, and calculating your full costs and losses, we identify insurance coverage which can be applied to your case and file all possible claims on your behalf. If the insurers do not respond appropriately in a timely manner, we will file personal injury lawsuits.
Most car accident claims can be settled through our strong and vigorous negotiations with insurers. However, if an insurance company refuses to offer an acceptable car accident settlement, we are always prepared to go to trial.
Beware of Auto Insurance Companies
Too many car accident victims have terrible stories about their treatment at the hands of insurance companies. Some feel like they were hurt a second time by the insurance company for seeking the financial help they had a right to receive.
Insurance companies are for-profit businesses. Payments to you for medical bills, car repairs, and other losses do not help their bottom line. An insurance adjuster processing a car accident claim wants to settle it for as little as possible. If they can find any excuse to deny a claim, they will.
Many times, the aftermath of a serious car accident is the first time a badly injured crash victim or their family has filed a significant insurance claim. They soon run into some hard truths about how an insurance company operates:
- An insurance adjuster’s priority is his or her employer’s bottom line. Limiting the amount of money paid out in claims is their top priority.
- An insurance adjuster is not supposed to help you. They are not even legally required to tell you what an insurance policy covers.
- The insurance company already knows what it plans to offer for injuries like yours. A settlement offer from an insurance adjuster is often based on previous claims and other statistics, not necessarily the facts of your case.
- The insurance adjuster knows that you’ll probably accept the first settlement you are offered. If the adjuster denies your claim, he or she knows chances are good that you won’t fight it, regardless of how badly you’ve been injured.
- The insurance adjuster knows that time is on his or her side. The adjuster knows you will be feeling the financial pressure and may accept a lowball settlement offer to relieve your financial stress in the short term.
Our Myrtle Beach car accident lawyers can help fight insurance companies that would deny you the compensation you deserve. If you are dealing with serious injuries due to a car accident, you don’t need the added burden of fighting with an uncooperative insurance company.
Schedule a free consultation today to discuss your claim and how we can help.
Compensation After a Car Accident
Our overall goal as your personal injury attorneys is to obtain a settlement or court award that compensates you for all past, current, and future damages caused by your accident. This would include the cost of:
- Medical care
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Additional personal property loss
- Lost income and/or earning capacity
South Carolina personal injury law also allows compensation for:
- Physical impairment
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
In fatal car accidents, family members may pursue a wrongful death claim to seek compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of financial support
- Pain and suffering prior to death (a “survival action”)
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, we might also seek “punitive damages,” compensation based on the defendant’s willful, wanton, or reckless conduct.
Types of Car Accident Claims We Handle
We help South Carolinians injured in accidents caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Aggressive driving (speeding, unsafe passing, tailgating, “road rage,” etc.)
- Reckless driving
- Hit-and-run crashes
- Defective auto parts
- Other actionable negligence
Our attorneys have handled a wide range of auto accident cases over the years, and we treat every client with the personalized attention and professional service they deserve.
Contact Our Myrtle Beach Auto Accident Attorneys Now
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident in the Myrtle Beach area, don’t fight the insurance company on your own. The car accident attorneys at Mickle & Bass can help you obtain the compensationyou deserve.
We pursue all car accident cases on a contingency-fee basis, so you won’t owe us anything unless and until we recover compensation for you. Contact our Myrtle Beach car accident lawyers today for a free, no-obligation consultation about your case.