Columbia Car Accident Attorneys
Being seriously injured in a car accident can leave you in financial ruin, as well as cause you considerable medical problems. Auto insurance companies typically work hard to avoid paying what they truly owe.
At Mickle & Bass, our Columbia car accident attorneys have seen too many hardworking, innocent crash victims taken advantage of by insurance companies that are more interested in their own bottom lines. We fight for full and fair compensation for victims of all kinds of crashes, including:
- Drunk / drugged driving
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued / drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving (e.g., speeding, tailgating, unsafe passing, “road rage”)
- Reckless driving
- Hit-and-run drivers
- Dangerous or defective auto parts
- Other forms of negligence and error
You shouldn’t try to take on insurance companies on your own after a serious car accident. Insurers have teams of attorneys working to protect them ─ so should you. Let our team fight for the maximum compensation you deserve, one that covers medical bills, car repairs, lost income, and your pain and suffering.
Schedule a free consultation today with our experienced Columbia car accident attorneys. We will review the details of your claim and outline all your legal options for moving forward. We do not charge any fees to get started on your claim, and you won’t owe us anything unless and until we obtain compensation for you.
We’re on Your Side After a Car Accident. Insurers Are Not.
At Mickle & Bass, our attorneys work with many car accident victims from the Columbia area who can’t believe how badly they have been treated by the insurance companies handling their claims. No one expects a blank check, but many are not ready for the heavy-handed treatment they receive.
Auto insurance companies, even your own insurance company, are profit-driven. Making a full payout for medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering after a car accident cuts into their profit margins.
You should be aware of the motivations guiding the insurance adjuster who has taken up your car accident claim:
- An insurance company employee is legally obligated to do what’s best for the company, which means holding the line on payouts to people like you.
- An insurance adjuster has no legal obligation to help you, or even to tell you the truth about your claim, what your insurance policy covers, etc.
- The insurance company already has an idea of what it can offer for an accident and injuries like yours based on previous claims and statistics. The settlement an adjuster offers you may have little to do with the specifics of your case.
- The adjuster knows from experience and statistics that there’s a good chance you will walk away if your claim is denied, regardless of the extent of your injuries. If your injuries are catastrophic, the adjuster knows that time may be on his side.
Our Columbia car accident lawyers truly have your interests in mind as we demand full and fair restitution for costs and losses from a crash. We have a legal and ethical obligation to do what’s best for our clients. Indeed, the South Carolina Courts’ Rules of Professional Conduct are based on principles that “include the lawyer’s obligation zealously to protect and pursue a client’s legitimate interests, within the bounds of the law.”
Our auto accident attorneys understand what you are going through as you struggle to recover from your injuries and face an uncertain future physically and financially. We want to take some of that burden off you and fight to make you whole again.
Don’t run the risk of being taken advantage of by insurers that are uninterested in your needs. Schedule a free consultation today to discuss your car accident claim, and learn how we can help.
How Can Our Columbia Car Accident Attorneys Help You?
When working with injured South Carolina residents after a crash, our overall goal is to obtain a car accident settlement or jury award that ensures that they are compensated for all past, current and future damages and losses. This includes compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Additional personal property losses
- Lost income or earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
In cases involving fatal crashes, we help family members demand compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. Compensation may include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of financial support
- Pain and suffering prior to death (a “survival action”)
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, we may also demand compensation for the defendant’s willful, wanton, or reckless conduct. Such additional payments are known as “punitive damages.”
In almost all cases, compensation comes from the insurance company, or companies, covering the parties responsible for the car accident.
How We Investigate Car Accident Claims
As your car accident attorneys, we will immediately launch an independent investigation into your crash. We’ll also assess the damages you have suffered as a result. This investigation will include:
- Tracking down all available evidence of who was responsible for your accident and your injuries. Usually, the other driver is primarily liable (legally responsible). In some cases, one or more third parties may also be held liable, such as when a drunk driving accident investigation shows that a bar and/or bartender served the driver after he or she was already intoxicated.
- Thoroughly reviewing your medical records to determine the full extent of your injuries and their costs, past and future. In cases of disability, we work with life care and economic experts to project the costs of future medical care, as well as future lost income due to a diminished work capacity.
- Identifying insurance coverage and filing claims against all liable parties on your behalf.
Most car accident claims are settled through our strong and vigorous negotiations with insurers. When insurers will not do what’s right in a timely manner, though, we will not hesitate to file a car accident lawsuit, which lays out our case for compensation and asks a jury for fair compensation.
Even after we file a car accident lawsuit for you, we will continue to negotiate with insurers as the case proceeds. Many times, the “discovery” process, in which parties in a lawsuit obtain evidence from each other, brings insurers to the negotiating table once they better understand your case.
Schedule a free consultation now to discuss your car accident claim, and let us get started working for you.
Our Columbia Auto Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help
Protect your rights after a serious car accident in Columbia by calling on the personal injury attorneys at Mickle & Bass. We have dedicated our legal careers to fighting for the injured. Our legal team will move aggressively to investigate your car accident and press insurance companies to pay you fair compensation.
Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation legal consultation. All additional legal work for you will be done on a contingency-fee basis. That means you won’t owe us anything unless and until we recover compensation for you.