Charleston Car Accident Attorneys
People who have been seriously injured in car accidents often find themselves facing overwhelming medical bills. They often lose income because their injuries force them to miss work. They may be forced to take on extra expenses as they hire others to do chores they no longer can do, such as child care or yard work. Then there’s the added hassle of trying to get their car repaired or replaced.
If someone else’s careless or reckless driving has left you injured, you need to call the experienced Charleston car accident attorneys at Mickle & Bass. Our team has many years of experience helping people secure the compensation they need to move forward with their lives after a serious crash.
Schedule a free consultation now to discuss the details of your case, and let our attorneys explain all of your legal options. You will not have to pay us anything upfront to work on your car accident claim. We only collect fees if and when we recover money for you.
How Much Is Your Car Accident Case Worth?
One of the first questions many people ask us is: “How much is my car accident claim worth?” The amount of compensation we seek will depend on the amount of damages you have suffered. Some of the factors we will consider in calculating what full and fair compensation should include:
- Medical bills and other expenses, both past and future
- Costs to repair or replace your vehicle
- Lost wages or reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering related to the wreck
Our compassionate Charleston car accident attorneys also help families who have lost loved ones in crashes. In these tragic cases, our skilled wrongful death lawyers may demand compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of financial support from the car accident victim
- Value of lost companionship
- Pain and suffering of the victim before death (pursued through a “survival action”)
In cases involving extreme misconduct, our team may also seek punitive damages, which can be awarded as a way of punishing the at-fault party.
Do You Need an Attorney After a Car Accident?
You may be debating whether you can handle negotiations with the insurance company on your own. The truth is, the insurance company will have a team of well-trained lawyers on its side. So should you.
At Mickle & Bass, our skilled Charleston car accident lawyers work hard to build solid cases so that our injured clients can receive full and fair compensation for our injured clients. You can count on our team to:
- Immediately conduct an investigation into your crash to gather all the evidence. We will obtain relevant photos and available surveillance videos, interview witnesses, get copies of accident reports, etc. We may also hire an accident reconstruction professional to review the evidence and provide an analysis to strengthen your claim.
- Identify all parties who should be held responsible. This typically involves the at-fault driver’s insurance company. But we will also investigate whether a third party such as the manufacturer of a defective auto part could be at fault.
- Thoroughly document the extent of your injuries and how they will affect you in the future. This means collecting all your medical records and consulting with life care planners to determine the cost of treatment needed over the course of your lifetime.
- Calculate the income you have lost due to the accident. We will also estimate future income losses due to reduced earning capacity.
- Negotiate aggressively to obtain a fair settlement or take your case to court if that is what is necessary to obtain fair compensation.
If you are trying to decide whether you need an attorney to handle your auto accident claim, schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our team now. Our Charleston car accident lawyers will give you an honest assessment of your case and they’ll discuss all your options for moving forward.
Protect Your Rights After an Auto Accident in Charleston
If you have suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident, you should take the following steps to protect yourself and your right to compensation:
- Call the police immediately. The law enforcement officer will file an accident report that includes details of the crash.
- See a doctor as soon as possible. Whether you are escorted from the scene in an ambulance or can drive yourself to the doctor, you need to get medical attention RIGHT AWAY! Follow all doctor’s orders, and don’t miss any follow-up appointments.
- Take photos or make notes at the crash scene. If possible, take photos of the scene; the vehicles and their positions; any evidence such as skid marks or road signs; and, any visible injuries such as cuts, bruises or swelling. Be sure to write down exactly what happened, including the direction the vehicles were traveling in when they crashed.
- Collect information about the other driver and witnesses. Our attorneys will need to talk to everyone involved to learn what they recall about the wreck.
- Never give a recorded statement, a document, or sign anything from the insurance company. An insurance company may try to entice you with a small car accident settlement soon after your crash. You should never agree to anything without having an attorney review it first.
- Keep the details of your accident and injury to yourself. Do not post photos or other information on social media or talk to strangers about what happened. Insurance company investigators may be monitoring you closely to uncover evidence they can use against you.
- Don’t risk your financial future by trying to handle a personal injury claim on your own after a motor vehicle accident. Talk to our experienced Charleston car accident attorneys about how we can make a difference in your case. Call us or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation today.
Our Charleston Car Accident Lawyers Are Here for You
Don’t let someone else’s mistake ruin your life and your financial future. At Mickle & Bass, our dedicated auto accident attorneys fight for those who have been harmed or lost a loved one in car crashes, motorcycle wrecks, and truck accidents in the Charleston area. We handle a wide variety of motor vehicle accident claims, including those involving:
- Drunk / drugged driving
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving (such as speeding, tailgating, unsafe passing, or “road rage”)
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued / drowsy driving
- Hit-and-run drivers
- Dangerous or defective auto parts
- Other forms of negligence and error
Contact us now to set up a free, no-obligation consultation on your auto accident claim. Our Charleston law firm does not charge anything to get started working on your case, and you don’t pay us unless and until we recover money for you.