South Carolina Truck Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, you are likely facing, even more, challenges than just heavy medical bills and missed paychecks. You are also facing a fierce fight against the at-fault party’s insurance company for the compensation you will need to move forward with your life.
Personal injury cases involving commercial motor vehicles such as tractor-trailers and other large trucks are much more complex than those involving two passenger cars. That’s because there are many parties involved in a truck’s operation, and they will all fight ferociously to avoid being held responsible for a crash. In addition, truck crashes typically leave a victim struggling to cope with catastrophic injuries, which means there is more money on the line motivating insurance companies to avoid a payout.
At Mickle & Bass, our experienced South Carolina truck accident lawyers have extensive knowledge of the regulations governing the trucking industry and the tactics insurance companies use to fight claims of negligence. We have a long track record of securing full and fair compensation for deserving truck accident victims and their families, and we never back down from a fight for what’s right.
Contact us now to schedule a free consultation on your case. We do not charge any fees upfront to start working on your claim. And we only collect payment for our services if and when we recover money for you.
Truck Accident Compensation
Many clients want to know right off the bat how much their case is worth. The answer depends on a lot of factors, and one of them is time. It takes time to heal and determine how your injury will affect you into the future. During that time, you are likely missing work and unable to enjoy life in the same ways you did before the accident. All of this and more will factor into calculations for how much we will pursue in your claim.
As we investigate and gather all the details about your wreck and resulting injuries, our dedicated South Carolina truck accident attorneys may demand compensation for:
- Medical bills, including payment for treatments and medications you may need in the future
- Lost wages for the work you have missed so far, as well as projections of reduced earning capacity in the future if you cannot return to the work you did before the crash
- Expenses related to repairing or replacing your vehicle, as well as payment to make up for the reduced resale value of your car
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of your accident
- Punitive damages, which may be awarded in extreme cases as a way of punishing the at-fault party
An insurance company may approach you soon after your crash to offer a settlement. Do not sign anything or accept any payment from an insurance company without speaking to our skilled truck accident attorneys. You may be giving up your rights to the compensation you truly deserve.
Schedule a free consultation now to discuss your options and learn how our attorneys will protect you from aggressive insurance companies.
Who Can Be Held at Fault for a Truck Accident?
You may find that the companies involved with the maintenance and operation of the truck that hit you will try to play the blame game when it comes time to accept responsibility. At Mickle & Bass, our knowledgeable truck accident attorneys will conduct an extensive investigation into what caused your crash and who is at fault. This may include:
- The driver of the tractor-trailer or commercial vehicle, who may have been distracted, fatigued, driving under the influence, or otherwise reckless
- The owner of the vehicle
- The shipping company
- The company that loaded the truck
- The owner of the cargo inside the vehicle
- The company responsible for maintaining or repairing the truck
- The manufacturer of defective truck parts
- The government entity or contractors responsible for maintaining the roadway
- The designer of a faulty or dangerous roadway
- The company responsible for setting up a dangerous construction zone
Contact us today to discuss the circumstances of your crash, and let us begin the work of identifying who should be held responsible.
Evidence We Collect in Truck Accident Cases
It is crucial that you act quickly after a crash to get a skilled truck accident attorney on your case. That’s because evidence can quickly “disappear” or be destroyed, and memories can fade as time passes. Our team will launch an immediate investigation into your wreck to collect all the evidence, including:
- Law enforcement accident reports
- Hours of Service (HOS) logs for the truck driver
- Data from the truck’s “black box,” or electronic data recorder
- Cellphone records from the truck’s driver
- Witness statements
- Photos from the crash scene of the vehicles, road conditions, and your injuries
- Surveillance video or dash cam footage
- Safety records for all the companies that were involved in the truck’s operation
- Accident reconstruction specialist’s report on the crash scene
Apart from the evidence that points to liability for the accident, our team will also work to begin documenting the severity of your injuries. We may consult with life care planners to determine how your injuries will affect you ─ physically, emotionally, and financially ─ for the rest of your life.
All this evidence combined will help us build a strong claim for full and fair compensation. Our goal is to protect you from bearing the financial burden of an accident that was not your fault. We believe that you should not be left to pay for someone else’s mistake.
Contact our Truck Crash Law Firm for Help Now
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident, you already have an overwhelming amount of stress to deal with. Don’t try to take on the added burden of fighting with a deep-pocketed insurance company over the compensation you need to move forward with your life. Let our aggressive negotiators and seasoned litigators handle that for you.
Schedule a free consultation today by calling or filling out our online contact form. Our dedicated personal injury attorneys can meet with you in Columbia, Rock Hill, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, or anywhere else in South Carolina. We can even come to your home or hospital room, wherever is most convenient.
Mickle and Bass: South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers
South Carolina personal injury law covers a wide variety of claims. At Mickle & Bass, our skilled personal injury lawyers have extensive experience successfully resolving an array of cases, including:
If you or a family member has been harmed due to an individual’s or company’s negligence, you need to talk with our knowledgeable attorneys about what to do next. Schedule a free legal consultation today to get started on your case.