Charleston Personal Injury Attorneys
Car crashes, workplace accidents, dangerous and defective products, slip-and-falls, and other serious accidents can leave victims with life-changing injuries. However, South Carolina personal injury laws allow victims to hold negligent individuals and companies financially accountable for the harm they cause.
At Mickle & Bass, our dedicated Charleston personal injury attorneys work hard to secure full and fair compensation for our clients. We understand how insurance claims work and how people can be taken advantage of without proper representation. We want to put an end to this kind of abuse and make the law work as it should for people like you.
If you or a loved one has been badly injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact us now. Our team will meet with you for a free, no-obligation legal consultation, and we won’t charge you anything to get started on your claim. In fact, we only collect payment if and when we recover compensation for you.
How Our Charleston Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
Our knowledgeable Charleston personal injury lawyers thoroughly prepare claims to account for all of our clients’ past, present, and future losses related to their accidents. We build a strong case for the full and fair compensation you deserve by:
- Launching an investigation to determine how and why your accident occurred and identify all liable (legally responsible) parties
- Reviewing your medical records to determine the full extent of your injuries and their costs now and in the years ahead
- Calculating your lost income, including the value of benefits and expected raises and/or promotions not realized because of your injuries
- Determining all additional economic costs and losses caused by your accident and injuries
- Working with you, your family and friends to get a true picture of the extent of the pain and suffering you have been through and how you should be compensated
- Identifying all insurance coverages that apply to your personal injury case, and aggressively pursuing all possible claims on your behalf
Even if you’re already representing yourself in an active claim, our attorneys will notify the insurance company that we represent you now and that we expect full payment, including amending your claim if necessary.
Contact us now to discuss the next steps in your personal injury claim.
When Is a Personal Injury Lawsuit Necessary?
If insurers do not respond in a timely and appropriate manner, we will file a personal injury lawsuit(s) on your behalf to ask a jury to award you compensation. A personal injury lawsuit is designed to establish your injuries and damages, explain why the defendant(s) should be held liable, and recover the amount of compensation you deserve.
Most personal injury lawsuits are settled outside of court with a satisfactory payment from insurers. Many times, the “discovery” process of a lawsuit, in which parties seek additional evidence from each other, brings insurers to the negotiating table. However, if the insurance company refuses to agree to a settlement that meets your needs, our attorneys will be ready to present a strong and persuasive case in court.
The Charleston personal injury lawyers at Mickle & Bass will prepare you for what to expect every step of the way in your claim. We will be available to answer questions and discuss your concerns at any point in the process. And we will give you an honest assessment of any settlement offers made by the insurance companies.
Why You Need an Attorney to Take on Insurance Companies
The law is meant to protect you from others who, through their negligence, injure you. Unfortunately, insurance companies can exploit the complexity of the law’s language and use it against you.
When dealing with any insurance company, you should know that:
- Insurance adjusters must do what’s best for the insurance company when working to settle a personal injury claim. They have no obligation to the injured, even those who hold policies issued by their own company.
- The insurance adjuster’s primary responsibility is to settle your claim for as little as possible, as quickly as possible.
- An insurance adjuster is not required to tell you what a policy does or does not cover.
- The insurance adjuster may decide what he or she will offer in settlement before even speaking to you about the specifics of your claim. Insurance companies base their initial offers on previous cases and statistics, not your particular case.
- Insurance companies know from past experience that many people will accept what they are initially offered or drop the claim if it is denied, regardless of how badly they have been injured.
- Insurance companies may try to drag out your claim in an effort to make you give up.
You should never accept a personal injury settlement or sign anything from an insurance company until an attorney has reviewed it for you. Your acceptance and signature may legally close your claim, forever keeping you from obtaining additional compensation you deserve.
At Mickle & Bass, our Charleston personal injury lawyers know the tricks insurance companies use to undervalue or deny claims. And we fight aggressively for the maximum compensation our clients deserve. Schedule a free consultation with our team today to discuss an insurance settlement offer or to learn more about your options.
How Much Is Your Personal Injury Claim Worth?
If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing in South Carolina, you have a right to seek full and fair compensation. Determining how much your personal injury claim is worth will depend on several factors. Our attorneys may demand payment for:
- Medical expenses (past, present, and future)
- Property damage, such as in a motor vehicle accident
- Loss of wages, income, or earning capacity
- Physical impairment (disability)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- And more
No one can tell you what your personal injury claim is worth immediately after an accident. It takes time to assess how a serious injury will affect your life and your future. Do not rush into a settlement without talking to a knowledgeable attorney about your rights to compensation.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Our personal injury attorneys in Charleston, South Carolina handle claims for compensation involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck wrecks
- Motorcycle crashes
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
In every case we take, our goal is to ensure that all of our clients’ debts and expenses from an accident can be paid with proceeds from the claim we pursue.
Contact Our Charleston Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Don’t face insurance companies on your own after a serious injury. Let our legal advocates give you the edge necessary to take on insurance companies.
Contact our personal injury lawyers in Charleston, S.C., today for a free consultation about the legal options available to you. We provide all legal services on a contingency-fee basis, which means you will not be charged unless and until we recover compensation for you.